Saturday, April 16, 2011

Powdered or confectioner's sugar is very fine granulated white sugar. You can make it yourself by putting regular sugar in a coffee grinder. It is handy for icings and frostings, peanut butter cookie recipes  where quick dissolving is important. Be aware that store-bought powdered sugar has an anti-caking agent added to it. Check to see, but that agent is most likely cornstarch or wheat flour. You can use ½ cup honey plus 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar as a substitute for 1 cup of powdered sugar.

If you really want to reduce granulated  barbecue pork recipes sugar in a recipe, replace up to half of it with nonfat dry milk and increase the overall sweetness by adding fruit, such as raisins. To add sweetness without adding calories, consider doubling the amount of extract you use in your baking.

When I go to meal plan or make a grocery list I can see at a glance what I have on hand. And know when I see a sale for an item I keep in my kitchen I know whether I need to restock or whether buying more would be too much and a waste of money.

Baking pizza on the grill is very popular these days. Whether you use a gas grill or grill your pizza on a charcoal grill, you will find the result delicious.
I have found that behind the door of said pantry turns out to be the best place to put a kitchen pantry list. I paste a page protector to the back of the door using one of those 3M removable poster tabs. If you keep kitchen staples in more than one place then a page protector on the back of each door where food items are stored works well. Organize your staples before hand so that each area is a designated spot for certain kinds of foods.

Then I edit my pantry list to show the items I carry on hand at all time.  chocolate chip cookie recipe Add what I actually do have on hand in pencil and place it behind the page protector.
 

I used to love going Trick or Treating. I can remember it now. My heart is beating fast, my shortbread recipe  hands clasped together are getting numb, and my knees are trembling. All my friends and I are going around the sugar cookie recipes  village asking for candies from the neighbors. I can visualize them now, running around with their small pumpkin baskets; their faces full of excitement just thinking about what candies are in there cute little bags, pumpkin-shaped lollipops with web-designed sticks, Casper-shaped candies, Spider-cut chocolates, skull-painted candies and many more!

Over the years many different candy figures and shapes have been made by our mothers, grandmothers, and candy companies. Kids often ask "How did Grandma make these Casper-candies", and "I wish my Mom could make these pumpkin shaped lollipops with web-designed sticks!"

No comments:

Post a Comment